This page provides the answers to the most frequent questions we get asked. We constantly update our FAQ, so that hopefully we cover most of your pertinent questions.
If, after checking this FAQ you still have a burning question, we would love to hear from you. Use the form at the bottom of the page and we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can!
- What is the recommended age range for MathRider?
- The game is designed for children between 6 and 12 years of age. Of course, individual circumstances may vary.
- Your child should at least have a good grasp of addition concepts. Think grade 2 to grade 6.
- Can more than one person play MathRider at the same time?
- MathRider can be played by many people on the same computer. Each person creates their own rider, and plays their own adventures. MathRider adjusts to each player’s individual strengths and weaknesses.
- It is not a multiplayer game where you would play head to head against another player. You do however have the option to compare the performance of all players locally registered via the High Scores screen.
- Does MathRider require an internet connection?
- Not for playing the game.
- MathRider connects to the internet only for these purposes:
- To validate a new registration key. (this happens only once)
- To check if a new version of MathRider is available for download. We work to continuously improve our maths software, and from time to time we make updates available for free to our existing customers.
- To display the web-based on-line help.
- What is the minimum resolution my computer display should support?
- MathRider requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels. The game uses digital matte painted backgrounds that have been created for this resolution. Complete system requirements can be found under System Requirements.
- What does Mastery mean?
- When a player can answer all questions of addition with consistent speed (we allow for typing speed differences of say ’3′ vs ’108′), the player is regarded to have mastered addition. His/her mastery indicator will then be 100%. This is the level to strive for, as this will give the coolest animations on the player’s quest rewards, and they get to free the princess!
- What platforms is MathRider supported on?
- MathRider works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. Full specifications can be found under System Requirements.
- Do you have a version of MathRider that runs on a phone or tablet?
- Not at the moment. We may produce a game for the tablet platforms such as iPad and the Android tablets in the future.
- We have no plans of producing a game for mobile phones, because we feel the screens are too small to provide for effective math practice without resorting to multiple choice.
- I have more than one child. Do I have to buy multiple copies of MathRider?
- No. A single purchase of MathRider allows you to install the game on up to three computers (user accounts) within the same family. MathRider allows up to 6 player profiles on a single install. We can also provide special licenses for schools and tuition centers for larger numbers of players.
- I’m planning to buy a new computer for my child – can I copy across his/her progress?
- Yes you certainly can. Simply follow these instructions.
- Will my child lose their progress from the trial when I buy the full version?
- No progress will be lost, and you won’t have to reinstall the game, either. When you purchase the full version, you simply enter your new permanent registration key into the installed game. You can of course also install the game on a different computer, use the permanent registration key there and copy your child’s progress following these steps.
- Help! I lost my registration key for the game!
- Simply let us know which email you used when you purchased the game and we will send your registration key to that email via this page.
- How do I make a suggestion for the game or provide feedback?
- In the on-line help there is a feedback form you can use. Or simply go to the Contact Us menu link at the top right hand corner of this page.
- MathRider is being actively supported and from time to time we make free updates with improvements available to our users free of charge.
- We value all your feedback!
Ask a Question
Please use the form on the Contact Us page to send us your question.